Ticket To Ride is a series of stand-alone railroad building games designed by Alan R. Moon and published by Days of Wonder. The rules are easy to learn and each game is tight with delightful tension over when to build in order to connect your cities.
- We play 4-player games, with 3-player games as needed.
- The default game in the heats is the original Ticket to Ride (USA). We also offer TTR Europe or the USA 1910 Mega-Game for those who prefer those versions.
- We randomly issue players seating/turn order cards as they check in. Before each game, check that you have exactly 45 trains in your color. The number of train cars, train cards and destination tickets you have is public knowledge.
- If two or more players tie for first place in a game, even after applying the published game tie-breakers, then reverse turn order breaks the tie (i.e., the player who went later at the start of the game has the higher tie breaker.)
- The game winner is responsible for turning in the score sheet, with the information filled in, at the end of each round.
Players who win at least one heat are eligible to advance to the quarterfinal round. We have room for 64 players (16 4-player games) in the quarter-finals. If fewer than 64 show up, we award byes into the semifinals to players with the best qualifying records in the heats to make the numbers come out even, perhaps with the help of a few 3-player games. If more than 64 show up, the 64 with the best qualifying records play in the quarterfinals.
If you will not be able to take part in the semifinals, please do not play in a regular quarterfinal game.
While the quarterfinal games are being played, we will organize games for winners who do not play in a quarterfinal, but who wish to play Ticket To Ride, if there are enough people in this category to form games. These players could be winners who do not fall into the top 64 who show up, or who will. not be available for the semifinals. These games are for enjoyment of the game (and bragging rights) only.
Players are seeded to tables in the quarter-finals based on qualifying record.
Qualifying record is determined as follows (in order):
- Most Wins (total in all heats entered)
- Total points in all games entered, where for each game your points are as follows:
- (a) 100 points for a win, 20 points for 2nd place, plus
- (b) if you finished 1st or 2nd, the ratio of your score to the score of your highest-scoring opponent (or, if your highest-scoring opponent scored less than 20, to 20), or
- (c) if you finished 3rd or 4th, 1% of the ratio of your score to the score of your highest-scoring opponent.
- Items (b) or (c) are not included if they are negative.
- The GM will randomize the order if players are still tied after the first two criteria.
Semifinals and Final:
The quarterfinal winners will play four 4-player games.
The semifinals will use the Ticket to Ride USA 1910 Mega-Game.
The winners of the semifinals will advance to a 4-player final using Ticket to Ride USA 1910 Mega-Game.
Additional Prizes: Train keychains for Heat Winners, Silver "Choo-Choo" trophy for 3-Heat Winners, and Gold "Choo-Choo" trophy for 4-Heat Winners