This is a Star Wars game for young and old featuring just about every famous and infamous character from the Star Wars movies and cartoons. The game is easy to learn and play and has a combat system that awards an aggressive attacker who is not afraid to charge into harm’s way.
This tournament will be conducted similar to a game store booster tournament, except participants will NOT be required to purchase boosters or anything else. The GMs will provide all materials required to play the game: Minis, Cards, Maps and handouts. If players wish, they may bring their own 20-sided dice and towers, otherwise a die will be provided.
The squads to be played will be randomly prepared using the Star Wars Minis Booster Generator at www.bloomilk.org. Each squad will be worth 150 purchase points. The squads will be generated using all full sets from Rebel Storm to Masters of the Force. A total of 100 different squads will be available for each round. Players will roll a 100-sided die to determine the squad they will play.
There is no choice of sides. You play the booster that has been randomly selected against an opponent playing the opposite side with a booster that has been randomly selected. Players will be given 15 minutes for setup. All games should be completed within 3.5 hours. If a game appears to be far from completion after 3.5 hours, the GM will adjudicate the game.
Points are scored for eliminating units. All units have a purchase cost - these points are earned by elimination of the character. There are also points for occupying terrain, called Gambit Points. Each map will have predesignated objective squares. Players earn bonus points for control or proximity to the objective squares. Bonus points are important tiebreakers for advancement to the single elimination rounds.
In this event, players qualify for Single Elimination play by winning games in the preliminary rounds. Players may enter one or more rounds without limit. Players will be randomly paired in the first round. Thereafter, the GM will match opponents with like records whenever possible during the subsequent rounds.
This event consists of four rounds: an opening round consisting of four heats, and three Single Elimination rounds for the eight overachievers with the best winning records who advance to fill the second round. Players do not need to play every heat, but those who do will have a better chance to advance.
Single Elimination Round:
Begins Saturday 1500 Hours
The time limit will be observed during the SE portion. All games not completed 15 minutes prior to the start of the next round will end at the completion of the turn in progress. No new turns may begin. If a game appears to be a long time from completion after 3.5 hours, the GM will adjudicate the game.
In Star Wars Minis aggressive play is rewarded. So, although winning during the opening rounds is a prerequisite for advancement, aggressive play that results in amassing bonus points is the most important tiebreaker in case of tied records. The following tiebreakers will be applied in descending priority in the event of tied won-loss records:
- Gambit points. The player with the most total points for holding territorial objectives.
- The player that played with the fewest number of characters will advance.
- The player that played with the least very rare strength character points will advance.
- The player that played with the least rare strength character points will advance.
- The player that played with the least uncommon strength character points will advance.
- The player with the most Total Character points eliminated will advance.
- The player with the most Very Rare Character points eliminated will advance.
- The player with the most Rare Character points eliminated will advance.
- The player with the most Uncommon Character points eliminated will advance.
- The player with the most characters eliminated will advance.
- Dice roll. High roll of percentile dice. Re-roll ties.