Demo: Monday @ 20 – Exhibit Annex Table 6
Draft: Tuesday @ 18 - Dogwood
Heat 1: Tuesday @ 20 – Wintergreen
Heat 2: Wednesday @ 20 – Wintergreen
Heat 3: Thursday @ 20 – Wintergreen
Semifinal/Final: Saturday @ 20– Wintergreen
This year teams must play six games per heat. At the end of the heat, the top two teams with the best record will advance to the playoffs. In Heat 2 the top two teams, not already in the playoffs, will advance. Same for Heat 3. The two teams with the best overall record not in the playoffs will advance as Wild Cards. Teams will be seeded by Heat record (win percentage). If teams are tied in a heat, the team with the most wins becomes the higher seed. An 8-0 team gets a higher seed than a 6-0 team. If more than two teams are tied in a Heat, head to head competition will determine advancement. If teams are still tied, overall tournament record will break the tie. Winners of each heat will get the top three seeds in the playoffs and home field in the first round.
Players can play any opponent at any time during that heat. The only restriction is that you cannot play the same opponent more than twice per heat. Tally sheets will be available at the kiosk and in the Wintergreen sports games room. The score and signature of both Managers should be on each Tally sheet. Scoresheets will also be available at the kiosk, for those who like to keep the inning by inning action. Completed Tally sheets should be turned in to the kiosk before 8pm each night.
The six heat winners and the two wildcards will be seeded by overall record. It is possible for a wildcard team to have a better record than a heat winner.
First Round (Higher seed is home) Single elimination
Game 1: #8 will play #1
Game 2: #7 will play #2
Game 3: #6 will play #3
Game 4: #5 will play #4
Second Round (Higher seed is home) Single elimination
Game 5: Winner 8 v 1 plays winner 5 v 4
Game 6: Winner 7 v 2 plays winner 6 v 3
Winners of Game 5 & 6 (second round) meet for the Championship.
World Series (best two of three, with the higher seed home in games 1 and 3, if necessary)
Laurels will awarded in the following order:
Loser of Game 3: 6th place
Loser of Game 4: 5th place
Loser of Game 6: 4th place
Loser of Game 5: 3rd place
Loser of World Series: 2nd place
Winner of World Series: 1st place
Superstar Specific Rules
• Please bring your Superstar Baseball special dice with you. There will be dice available for use in the sports room. These should NOT leave the room.
• Teams should roll for home team. When playing two games, switch home and away.
• No DH will be used
• Pitchers can start every third game. (Three man rotation) Starting pitchers must sit for the next two games.
• Relief pitchers can pitch a maximum of five innings per game. They must sit out the next game after they pitch, regardless of how many innings they pitched.
• TIRE ratings should be checked for starters the inning after they give up a hit or walk. For relief pitchers, check the rating after the first batter faced.
• Injuries are only for the current game.
• Players in Right and Left Field must have a defensive rating as an OF.
• The player in Center Field must have a rating as a CF.