This year's Mulligan and Round 1 games will be Eutaw Springs. Round 2 will be Guilford Courthouse. Round 3 will be Monmouth Courthouse. The semifinal
will be Saratoga. The Final will be Germantown.
Games will be scored according to the established BAR tournament-point scoring system: +4/-2 for decisive victory, +3/-1 for substantial victory, +2/0 for marginal victory and +1/+1 for a draw. If a player surrenders, his opponent will be awarded an additional tournament point and the surrendering player will be debited an additional tournament point.
In any game ending in a draw, the player with the highest army morale will advance and if tied, the player with the most VPs will advance.
Players will be seeded by AREA rating in Round 1 and by accumulated tournament points in subsequent rounds. Players without AREA ratings in Round 1 will be seeded randomly at the bottom of the pool. In all cases where tournament points are counted, ties will be broken first by accumulated army morale points, next by accumulated VPs and finally by die roll.
Side determination is by agreement or by secret bid of at-start army morale points. Bids of 0 are allowed. If still tied after 3-rounds of bidding, roll a die for sides.
Byes, if necessary, will be awarded first to past champions present in descending order followed by highest cumulative tournament points. A player receiving a bye will be credited with tournament points equal to a substantial victory (+3) and will be awarded a number of army morale and VPs equal to the average of all winning players in that round.
Play will be continuous with 1-hr breaks between rounds. Slow play is discouraged and time frames will be strictly enforced. If adjudication becomes necessary it will be as follows: When time expires, the current game turn will be allowed to be concluded. Thereafter, the player with the most VPs will be declared the winner. For this purpose only, the player with the higher army morale will be awarded one additional VP. In the event of a tie, the GMs will assess the tactical situation and declare a winner by majority vote.
All advanced rules will be used in each game. All replacement counters published for the games/scenarios being played will be used if possible. In addition:
- Eutaw Springs: Optional Rule 3.2 governing British reinforcements will be used. Rule 2.4 will not be enforced and a draw will not be treated as a double-defeat. Instead, higher army morale will be used to identify the winner.
- Germantown: Living Rules, November 2010 and Living Player Aid Card, November 2010 will be used.
- Saratoga: Optional Rule 3.7 restricting the British player from examining American stacks will be used. Fog rules will be used and the GM will roll a common fog die for all tables.
- Monmouth: In the event of a draw, the player with the higher army morale will be declared the winner. If tied, the player with the most VPs will
win. The Molly Pitcher Optional Rule, 4.4, will be used.
- 1st Place: A used, foam-core mounted "Big Board Games" copy of the map and counters for the Battle of Eutaw Springs.
- 2nd Place: A replacement counter sheet from C3i Magazine, #29 which includes eleven replacement counters for games in the BoAR Series.
- 3rd Place: An autographed artist's proof of a BAR box cover by Rodger MacGowan.